Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spanish Test

Well im back to cold, wet windy blighty after a relaxing, speech challenging few weeks in Spain. I went over to see my friends Yvette and Mac but spend 5 nights in Hostels around the Costa Del Sol region.

Great fun and a good test for my speech as its puts my out of my comfort zones. I think I went in to the situations with the wrong mindset at first as I was not very disciplined and too fluent. Perhaps too relaxed. I found that I was blocking more than normal so I had to pull my finger out and focus on less words per breath and some fun DD.

When you travel on your own, you have to make conversation with strangers. I love this challenge now as before I would of ran a mile and spend the night on my own. I met some good, fun people during my 5 days and nights travelling. Most of the people I got into conversation with, I told about the McGuire Programme. I think I must of handed out another pack of cards;-))

Once I focussed and used DD and showed honesty I felt much more in control of the speech and the conversation. Funny how just being in a new place can effect you.

Next week im away at Max Rogers Wedding in Stevenage. Hoping to combine my weekend with a visit to London to see Mikey and Gareth. Cant resist a few nights out now and again;-)
Max is a old graduate from the McGuire Programme who helped me so much in my early recovery. He is doing the right thing and practicing his wedding speech with me all next week, warming up for his big event. I am really looking forward to supporting him and also speaking to loads of new people once again...this really helps me to move forward in my recovery. The more we practice the better we will become. A few weeks ago while I was in Spain, Gareth had an interview for the Sun Newspaper and he called me to warm up for the event. Just another example of the difference between success and failure. If we work hard, we will do well...and as if my magic, Gareth did well. Good on Gareth and Max.....

From next week its head in books time as I need to prepare for my Induction into my Life Coaching course. I am so excited about doing this course for the next 6 months. Again a great challenge for my speech as alot of the coaching will involve speaking to fluent speakers either face to face or over the telephone and and being monitored by my Life Coach. Bring it on!

2 Comments:

Blogger loobyloo said...

dear matt what can i say you truely are an amazing person you have over come so many hurdles in your life and your desire to go further is nothing short of inspirational we rarely get chance to chat these days but when we do you manage to make me smile and laugh every time even when i feel i cannot go any lower you pick me up and change my perspective on everything once again you really are an amazing person and i am proud to be able to call you my friend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4:29 PM  
Blogger Manpreet said...

Hi there,

This is Manpreet.I have visited your site many times.Your content is very nice and to the point.
I am promoting your site through my blog.And was wandreing if you could also promote my site by exchanging links.

My URl is :-
http://www.manpreetstammers.blogspot.com/

Thanks

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home