Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Life Update - Another Radio Interview

Well time just moves on so quick and before I knew it....I had forgotten to update my blog!

Quite alot has happened in the past month. I have really moved forward in my recovery from major surgery (few months ago) and im running 2-3 times a week and now swimming regularly. I am training my friend in preperation for the London Marathon next year, so by helping her I am also getting back to fitness.

On the job front, well I am back trying to organise this next McGuire Course in Bournemouth next week. Its a big challenge and im glad that Claire Feehan is helping me. This course will be more challenging as we have Staff Training running during the whole course, probably some media coverage as Gareth Gates is instructing this course and also its a big course for new students and old graduates. Should be fun and great speech practice for all.

I have just started back doing a little photography. Last week I took photos at the Cheddar Half Marathon. This was great fun and my first road run. I now want more road runs to do.
The cheese was good too:-)) I have also decided to attend a Life Coaching course in London in a months time. This is just a one day taster to see if I like it, but its something I think I would love to get into.

Finally, I would like to thank my brother Chris for attending another local radio interview with me on Monday. BBC Somersert Sound asked us to attend their show and talk about the McGuire Programme. It went really well and another step forward in our recovery. I really tried to slow my speech down and resist time pressure. This helped and I was much happier this time than when I did my last radio interview earlier this year. It was great to have Chris there too working hard on his speech in a pressure situation. Well done brother...no avoiding is the key!!!!!!! Its great that we can listen back to it and analyse our speech to help us move forward in our recovery from stammering. Another tick in the box of working on your speech where it counts....in the real world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home